"Should I Sell My Jewelry On Facebook Marketplace?"
Whether you've outgrown the style, or you've outgrown the relationship, or you just want something new, you might be wondering whether it's a good idea to sell your unwanted jewelry on Facebook Marketplace, eBay, or a similar site.
Whatever the reason, there may come a time when you want to sell your jewelry. While it may be tempting to simply put your items on Facebook Marketplace and hope for the best, this is seldom the best approach, particularly if you’re looking for a good return on your initial investment. Besides not knowing how to price your jewelry, dealing with lowball offers, not knowing who you are meeting with, and other concerns, listing on Facebook Marketplace might not be in your best interest.
If you have decided to sell your unwanted jewelry and want to know the best way to do it, here’s a helpful guide.
"Should I Sell My Jewelry On Facebook Marketplace?"
1) Find a reputable reseller. If possible, avoid selling valuable jewelry on sites such as Facebook Marketplace or eBay. They’re competitive, occasionally unreliable, and it’s highly unlikely that you’ll make the money that your item is worth. Instead, do some investigation in your local area. Identify reputable jewelry stores that are happy to value and buy your jewelry.
2) Get a valuation. If you want to get a good price for your item, it’s a good idea to know how much it’s worth. However, be aware that prices fluctuate, and your jewelry may not be worth the same as when you purchased it. A good dealer will weigh your jewelry, then offer you a price then and there for your consideration.
3) Explore your options. Don’t be afraid to explore different jewelry buyers, and don't let price be the one and only factor influencing your decision either. It’s better to sell to a reputable dealer than one with a shady reputation!
4) Be realistic. It’s important to be realistic when selling your jewelry. You may have paid thousands for it when you bought it originally, but if it has become damaged or scratched, this will affect its value.
5) Know how you’ll be paid. Be aware that different jewelry buyers may pay in different ways. Some may offer cash on the spot, others may offer a bank transfer or check. If you’ve got any queries or concerns about payment, make sure you address them at the time, rather than leaving it until it’s too late.
What Items Are Good to Sell?
At Gold and Diamond Source, we buy the following:
- Precious Gems and Diamonds
- All diamond shapes 0.50 carats and above, fine quality rubies, sapphires, and emeralds.
- Jewelry (10 Karat & Up, Any Condition)
- Bullion (Coins, Rounds, Bars, Etc.)
- Old US Coins Including Numismatic Graded Coins
- All US and foreign Bullion Coins
- Pre-1965 US Coinage and 1965-1970 Kennedy Half Dollars
- Gold Teeth/Fillings (teeth must be removed due to health concerns)
- Sterling Jewelry
- Sterling Silver Flatware
- Jewelry (Any Condition, Must Be Stamped)
- Watches (Including Rolex, Cartier, Patek Phillippe, Tag Heuer, Panerai, Other Fine Swiss Brands, and All Precious Metal Watches)
- fine gold, diamond and platinum jewelry, gold bullion, coins, including numismatic coins, currency & sterling silver flatware
What Items Aren't Able to Be Sold?
- Any type of costume jewelry, this includes items made by Speidel©, Monet©, Avon©, Napier©, Trifari©, Sarah Coventry©,and Swank©
- Non-precious metals or items that are gold-filled, gold or silver plated, or gold electroplated, this includes items that are stamped 1/10,1/20, GE, RGP, or HE as these are indicators items are filled or plated.
- Plated or Filled Gold
- Silver Plated Flatware
- Coins that say "Copy" on them
How to Secure the Best Price for Your Jewelry
If you’re looking to sell your unwanted jewelry at a fair price, then get in touch with us here at Gold and Diamond Source today. We offer an in-store selling service, or alternatively, if you live out of the area, we can send a free gold kit in the mail. Find out what used jewelry we will and won't purchase with our gold and diamond buying guide HERE. To find out more, simply call 1-800-494-4940 or click HERE.
Connect with Gold & Diamond Source
"I've seen their commercials for years now. Decided to make the trip from South Tampa to upgrade my wedding band. I'm so here for all the elaborate decorating let me tell you. Including a FABULOUS pair of gold shoes worn by one of the fashionable gentleman associates. Anyway.
From the second I walked in, they rolled out the red carpet, and every customer thereafter they just provided stellar customer service. And well you might be thinking, yeah lady it's a jewelry store so they have to, to which i say not so fast. Customer service at most places, including another local jewellery store in the area, is quite lacking.
I worked with Mr. Patrick Kelly, who's a G&D veteran, i learned. PK was fab, listened to exactly what i wanted and within ten minutes I was set. They sized it for me that day, and boxed my new ring up so beautifully. The quality of their products is so easily visible and they provided me with a lifetime warranty, including free cleanings and such.
COVID: extra precautions all around, excellent job!
Thanks PK and the G&D team!! Y'all work your butts off! Cheers!" — Brienna A. on Yelp