Can I Clean My Diamond Ring With Vinegar?
It's not hard to fall in love with a diamond ring when it's all new and sparkly. Given the expensive and exquisite nature of diamonds, anyone would want to keep admiring and staring at a diamond ring. Unfortunately, it doesn't take too long before the sparkle disappears and the ring begins to fade, especially if you wear the ring regularly.
Taking the ring for professional cleaning is one option to restore the diamond's sparkly look. Sadly, this can be very expensive. Fortunately, professional cleaning may not be necessary. It is possible to shine up a diamond ring with common, available, and inexpensive cleaning supplies already at home.
How to clean a diamond ring with vinegar
White vinegar is the most suitable vinegar to use for cleaning a diamond ring. This is because it is not harsh and will not harm the ring. When using white vinegar to clean your diamond ring:
- Put some white vinegar in a jar. Not too much and not too little. Just enough.
- Drop the ring into the jar. Let it sit in the vinegar for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3. Shake the jar occasionally to ensure that every part of the ring is covered with the vinegar.
- Use a baby toothbrush to scrub the ring to remove dirt and grease. The soft bristles of the baby toothbrush will not damage the ring. Avoid Using a brush with hard bristles as it can harm the ring.
- After finishing up with the scrubbing, remove the ring from the vinegar and place it on a cloth for it to air dry.
- The diamond ring should look as good as new and have its original sparkle.
Remember that diamonds are expensive and sensitive, so they require a lot of care and attention when cleaning them. White vinegar can be used occasionally to clean diamond rings when they begin to fade. Additionally, it can also be used to clean gold and gemstone jewelry.
Vinegar can also be used to clean custom-made diamond rings as long as the other materials used will not be affected. It is advisable to consult the jeweler, especially for custom rings, to avoid making a mistake thus causing damage to the ring.
Gold and Diamond Source has an array of diamond ring options to choose from. If you have questions or need help finding the perfect diamond, don't hesitate to contact us.